2019 NCSITE Strategic Initiatives Council Legislative Overview
The NCSITE Strategic Initiatives Council (SIC) will host the 2019 Legislative Overview on Thursday, September 19 at the NC National Guard Joint Forces Headquarters in Raleigh. The technical program is scheduled from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM, with optional tours of the State Traffic Operations Center at 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM.
This event will feature a broad range of speakers representing local government, business/industry, FHWA, and NCDOT, who will provide their unique perspectives on:
- 2019 Legislation to date — What was desired, what happened, and why
- 2020 Legislation — What is anticipated and what will be the “big issues” confronting transportation over the next several years
- NC FIRST Commission — Luncheon presentation by Ms. Amna Cameron, NCDOT Office of Strategic Initiatives Deputy Director
- Federal Outlook — FHWA report on federal funding/reauthorization issues
Registration includes lunch, as well as an optional guided tour of the State Traffic Operations Center (STOC). Professional development credits will be offered for this event.
Please note that advance registration is required due to security procedures for accessing the Joint Forces Headquarters. Please plan to arrive early to ensure time needed to pass through the security checkpoint.
Public Employee Member—$35
- 2019 NCSITE Strategic Initiatives Council Legislative Overview
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Venue Phone: (984) 664-6000
Venue Website: https://nc.ng.mil/Pages/default.aspxAddress:
The North Carolina National Guard is a ready team of nearly 12,000 citizen-Soldiers and Airmen who are deployed around the world and in all the state’s 100 counties every day. Our men and women provide our state and our nation with cutting-edge security capabilities at a fraction of the cost of the active component. Always ready! Always there! Security America can afford.