The North Carolina Section of the Institute of Transportation Engineers, known as NCSITE, is a professional society of persons involved in transportation engineering activities. It is affiliated with the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE), an international professional society of transportation engineers. NCSITE was established to promote sound transportation engineering practices in the planning, design, operation, and management of transportation facilities and equipment for the safe, convenient, and efficient movement of people and goods. The NCSITE membership includes a broad range of transportation personnel–engineers, planners, educators, administrators, and technicians. Many modes of transportation are represented in the organization’s membership.
GOALS & MISSION
NCSITE was established to promote sound transportation engineering practices in the planning, design, operation, and management of transportation facilities and equipment for the safe, convenient, and efficient movement of people and goods. To achieve this goal, NCSITE has adopted the following objectives:
- Encourage qualified persons to enter the transportation engineering profession.
- Encourage professional training and development of persons engaged in transportation engineering.
- Develop increased coordination and cooperation with local governing bodies, private organizations, professional engineering groups, and ITE.
- Increase public awareness and involvement in transportation engineering activities. • Stimulate transportation-related research activities.
- Promote communication between persons with mutual interests in transportation engineering.
- Establish an exchange of professional information and maintain a centralized point of reference and action for transportation engineering professionals.
- Represent the interests of members in the transportation engineering profession when transportation-related legislation and policy matters are represented.
Meet the President
Mike Surasky, PE, PTOE
It is my honor to be selected as President for 2017. We have many exciting opportunities for you in the upcoming year, including the 5th TRB Urban Street Symposium in Raleigh on May 20-24. NCSITE is partnering with TRB to provide a global aspect of urban complete streets and how they fit into our everyday lives, especially here in North Carolina. Whether you are a student that wants to participate in the university chapter or on a quiz bowl team or a young professional looking to start your career or someone who just wants to reconnect with colleagues, NCSITE is the place for you. NCSITE is looking to be the Transportation Professional Organization of choice for professionals of all levels within the state and I hope to see you at an event in North Carolina in 2017.
Michael Surasky, PE
2017 NCSITE President
2017 NCSITE Board of Directors
The 2017 Board meetings are held on the 2nd Friday of each month.
Please see the Events page to confirm dates and locations.
Stacie Phillips, PE
Eric Lamb, PE
City of Raleigh
Justin Carroll, PE
Sarah Wicklund, PE
Patriot Transportation Engineering
NCDOT Division 5
Terry Arellano, PE
Todd Brooks, PE
All NCSITE officers can be reached by email using the position email noted + ncsite.org.
Peter Kurtz, PE
Kellie Reep, PE