The North Carolina Section of the Institute of Transportation Engineers, known as NCSITE, is a professional society of persons involved in transportation engineering activities. It is affiliated with the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE), an international professional society of transportation engineers. NCSITE was established to promote sound transportation engineering practices in the planning, design, operation, and management of transportation facilities and equipment for the safe, convenient, and efficient movement of people and goods. The NCSITE membership includes a broad range of transportation personnel–engineers, planners, educators, administrators, and technicians. Many modes of transportation are represented in the organization’s membership.
GOALS & MISSION
NCSITE was established to promote sound transportation engineering practices in the planning, design, operation, and management of transportation facilities and equipment for the safe, convenient, and efficient movement of people and goods. To achieve this goal, NCSITE has adopted the following objectives:
- Encourage qualified persons to enter the transportation engineering profession.
- Encourage professional training and development of persons engaged in transportation engineering.
- Develop increased coordination and cooperation with local governing bodies, private organizations, professional engineering groups, and ITE.
- Increase public awareness and involvement in transportation engineering activities. • Stimulate transportation-related research activities.
- Promote communication between persons with mutual interests in transportation engineering.
- Establish an exchange of professional information and maintain a centralized point of reference and action for transportation engineering professionals.
- Represent the interests of members in the transportation engineering profession when transportation-related legislation and policy matters are represented.
Meet the President
Stacie Phillips, PE
It is my honor to be selected as President for 2018. We have many exciting opportunities for you in the upcoming year, including our Mid-Year Meeting in Asheville this summer. Whether you are a student that wants to participate in the university chapter or on a quiz bowl team or a young professional looking to start your career or someone who just wants to reconnect with colleagues, NCSITE is the place for you. NCSITE is looking to be the Transportation Professional Organization of choice for professionals of all levels within the state and I hope to see you at an event in North Carolina in 2018.
Stacie Phillips, PE
2018 NCSITE President
2018 NCSITE Board of Directors
The 2018 Board meetings are typically held on the 3rd Friday of each month.
Please see the Events page to confirm dates and locations.
Eric Lamb, PE
City of Raleigh
Josh Hurst, PE
Justin Carroll, PE
Stephen Bolt, PE
City of Charlotte DOT
NCDOT Division 5
Todd B. Delk, PE
Paula Flores, FITE
Alta Planning + Design
All NCSITE officers can be reached by email using the position email noted + ncsite.org.
Peter Kurtz, PE
Kellie Reep, PE