Program Manager – Transportation Engineering (NC/SC CONSTRUCTION)
Our client, a well-respected and rapidly-expanding construction management and consulting firm, is actively recruiting for a top-notch candidate to be the NC/SC lead for its Transportation Services division. This is a critical role and company will pay industry-leading compensation to attract and retain a star.
Key Things to Note:
This is a hybrid role, overseeing internal operations ensuring exceptional execution of awarded projects while also building and advancing business development efforts. Seek skilled and knowledgeable Transportation Engineer, who is also an adept and persuasive networker.
- This firm specializes in Construction Engineering and Inspection (CEI) services and contracts, typically as a subcontractor for State DOT and/or municipality projects. CEI and CIC expertise will be important.
- This firm is expanding its NC and SC operations. Right candidate will have significant insight into Transportation Engineering local operations, as well as a significant network of decision-makers and influencers.
Position will involve serving as the transportation leader in the Carolinas, developing a comprehensive understanding of local and state transportation programs and corresponding funding, budgets and advertisements for support services, with a primary focus on CEI. Specifics include:
- Develop strategic partner relationships with industry peers currently providing A/E and CEI services to governmental clients.
- Manage a team on an array of projects taking CEI services from conception to execution.
- Provide senior leadership and guidance to the delivery of diverse elements of design and construction programs, with a focus on quality assurance
- Actively participate in business development, recruiting strategy and forecasting
- Prepare and manage budgets, schedules, etc.
- Coordinate work of Senior Project Managers, Project Managers, Construction Managers and Inspectors.
- Drive local service line leadership, quality assurance and profitability. Receive guidance from Service Leaders.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree (advanced degree and industry certifications preferred) as well extensive experience and contacts in transportation, including experience specific to CEI services and contracts for NC/SC DOTs and/or municipalities.
Other priorities include:
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills including the ability to initiate and develop partnerships with industry peers and decision-makers.
- Detailed knowledge of transportation construction with an emphasis on principles of construction management
- Demonstrated experience in personnel and project management techniques
- Evidence of progressive career development and demonstrated expertise in leading large, complex projects, contracts or programs with a diverse team in a large geographical area.
Finally, we seek a go-getter who will bring the energy, leadership and entrepreneurial spirit needed to take this thriving practice to the next level. A lot is happening, and the future is exceedingly bright. We seek a highly versatile and industrious contributor who is eager to take the wheel.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for prompt consideration.