Traffic Engineering Manager – STV
STV is an award winning national leader consistently ranking among the country’s top companies in the design and planning of infrastructure and transportation systems. More than 100 years old, the firm provides comprehensive architectural, engineering, planning, environmental, and construction management services for public and private sector clients. As an employee-owned firm, our success is the direct result of our employees’ commitment to innovation and quality across all 40 offices and over 2000 people nationwide.
We have a thriving Transportation & Infrastructure practice with a close-knit, team oriented group that is growing rapidly. Due to our success, we need to continue to add resources to assist with the delivery of our current extensive backlog of work. This backlog includes tasks associated with various infrastructure improvement projects for NCDOT (across all 14 Divisions) as well as numerous municipal, institutional, and private sector clients.
We have an immediate need for a leader to be located in our Morrisville/Raleigh office. This position will include discipline leadership, office leadership, and other firm-wide roles. The successful candidate will support our current staff while assisting in growing the traffic engineering practice to better service our clients statewide.
This role offers unlimited opportunities to maintain existing client relationships, broaden STV’s service offerings geographically, manage projects, mentor junior staff, all while promoting the culture of a healthy work-life balance.
This position offers a leadership role at an Engineer News-Record (ENR) Top 50 rated firm. This individual would assist other senior staff in collaborating with various transportation agencies in North Carolina. The ideal candidate is an individual who desires to build and lead a team, is professionally respected, an excellent communicator, and possesses a vast understanding of traffic engineering principles.
- 10+ years of experience
- Experience working on NCDOT STIP projects, feasibility studies, and familiar with NCDOT congestion management guidelines
- Oversight/preparation of technical documents and reports
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) designation is required
- Knowledge and understanding of traffic engineering principals in the HCM, MUTCD, ITE and AASHTO manuals
- Experience in project management tasks such as scope development, scheduling, client management, and invoicing
- Knowledge of traffic forecasting, traffic operational analyses, traffic simulations, traffic signal timing, safety, and planning studies
- Knowledge of using Synchro, SimTraffic, SIDRA, HCS TransModeler, Travel Demand Modeling, TransCAD, GIS applications in transportation, and CAD/MicroStation
- Proposal development experience is a plus
- PTOE or PMP is a plus