Entry-Level Planner – Simpson Engineers & Associates
Simpson Engineers & Associates has an opening for an enthusiastic, highly organized, entry-level planner to join our experienced team. The ideal candidate should possess a “can-do” attitude and excellent verbal and written communication skills. We are looking for a full-time staff person to apply their basic understanding of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and regulatory guidance towards the assessment of transportation and other infrastructure projects.
Job Duties include assisting in:
- Preparation of NEPA documentation (Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Assessments/FONSIs;
- Development and implementation of public involvement plans;
- Impact analysis, both beneficial and negative, of projects;
- Research, data-gathering and analysis;
- Preparation of Community Impact Assessments;
- Creation of maps and GIS analysis; and
- Performing such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
Education and Experience
A 4-year Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to transportation planning (including but not limited to planning, geography, public administration, environmental policy, engineering and/or natural resources); or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Master’s degree in a related field is a plus.
Desired experience and abilities includes:
- Knowledge of the planning process;
- Strong writing and organization skills;
- Ability to conduct research, technical analysis, and distill the information for the general public’s consumption;
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary team members and under management guidance to meet project deliverables and deadlines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to communicate clearly;
- Familiarity with ARCGIS software or other GIS platforms is a plus; and
- Familiarity with federal and state environmental laws and regulations including NEPA, Endangered Species Act, Clean Water Act and other compliance regulations is a plus.
$45,000 to $55,000 based on experience
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to:
Angela Ray, Office Manager
Simpson Engineers & Associates, P.C.
5640 Dillard Drive, Suite 200
Cary, NC 27518