Experienced Planner – Simpson Engineers & Assoicates
Simpson Engineers & Associates has an opening for an experienced planner to join our team. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience working within the umbrella of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and with preparation of environmental documents (Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Assessments/FONSIs and Environmental Impact Statements).
Job Duties include:
- Serve as the managing author of NEPA/SEPA and related documents;
- Development and implementation of public involvement plans;
- Environmental analysis, both beneficial and negative, of projects;
- Preparation of technical reports and project submissions;
- Preparation of Community Impact Assessments; and
- Project management tasks such as creation of scopes of services, estimates, sub-consultant coordination and schedule control.
Education and Experience
Minimum of a 4-year Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to transportation planning, (including but not limited to planning, geography, public administration, environmental policy, engineering and/or natural resources); or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Master’s degree in a related field is a plus. Additionally, a minimum of 5-years of related work experience.
Applicable experience and abilities includes:
- Knowledge of the planning process and familiarity with federal and state environmental laws and regulations;
- Strong writing and organization skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to conduct technical analysis and distill the information for the general public’s consumption;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with multi-disciplinary team members to meet project deliverables and deadlines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to communicate with clients in a professional and responsive manner to address needs and creatively resolve challenges;
- Knowledge of transportation planning principles; and
- Proficiency with ARCGIS a plus.
$75,000+ based on experience
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to:
Angela Ray, Office Manager
Simpson Engineers & Associates, P.C.
5640 Dillard Drive, Suite 200
Cary, NC 27518