Transportation Engineer – Accelerate Engineering (Cary)
Founded in 2015, Accelerate Engineering, PLLC (AE) is small, dynamic and growing transportation engineering firm based in Cary, NC. We work closely with public transportation agencies, municipalities, as well as private clients to improve transportation mobility, safety, accessibility, and sustainability.
We are seeking a self-motivated Transportation Engineer to help grow our company and his/her professional career to the next level. This position will be based in our Cary office or, for the right candidate, the Charlotte / Lake Norman area. Responsibilities include roadway design, PS&E and technical report preparation, and may also include project management, marketing, traffic engineering analysis and design, crash/safety analysis, and NEPA planning studies. Some travel to project sites or meetings may be required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ NCDOT roadway design experience
- Proficiency in MicroStation, Geopak and Corridor Modelling
- Thorough understanding of NCDOT’s guidelines, procedures, and plan preparation standards
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Willingness and ability to learn new job skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- NC PE or ability to obtain PE in one year is preferred
- Project management skills and traffic engineering project experience are both desirable
AE is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, a team oriented work environment, and great growth opportunities. Qualified candidates should send their cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Careers@AccelerateEng.com.